Individualized Educational Programs
- Evidence-based, Common Core aligned, small-group and 1:1 instruction and progress monitoring aligned with goals/objectives delineated in students’ individualized education program (IEP).
- Curriculum design and instruction incorporates project-based learning, integrated lessons and real-life applications. A variety of alternative teaching strategies and behavior management techniques are employed in the classroom to maximize student success.
- Data-driven decision making through intensive, on-going progress monitoring of techniques and strategies implemented across providers and settings.
Clinical/Behavioral Support Services
- Multi-tiered school-wide positive behavior framework focused on proactive strategies and reinforcement to increase positive pro-social skills among all students.
- Collaborate between clinicians and teachers to design safe, supportive environments for all the students. Development and implementation of individualized strategies that foster positive, pro-social behaviors in school and in the community. Opportunities to practice social skills with developmentally appropriate peers.
Innovative community-based programming to support students in acquiring the necessary skills for competitive employment and post-secondary options. Services include:
- Assessment of skills and abilities.
- Participation in small group/individualized instruction and community tours to local businesses.
- Guest speakers sharing their trades, education and experiences.
- Paid Internships for students 14 yrs and older.
- Assistance with applying to post-secondary options including college/ vocational schools and/or planning for transition services.
- On-going communication between school staff (teachers, clinicians, administrators) and families to maximize student success at school, at home and in the community.
- Support for families interested in obtaining services from community-based agencies/individual providers.
- Open houses, family nights, parent support groups, and parent-teacher conferences.