Welcome to EASTCONN’s Mobile STEM Lab Web site. The Mobile STEM Lab is EASTCONN’s newest learning resource for teachers and students in grades Pre-K – 12 across the northeastern Connecticut region. The STEM lab-on-wheels is providing students with learning opportunities across a variety of STEM disciplines. The beauty of the EASTCONN Mobile STEM Lab is that it can drive to nearly any school or local environmental area to provide state-of-the-art, on-board and in-the-field science experiences, as part of a curriculum that has been carefully designed to connect with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). There are so many exciting options for students (and teachers!) that the Mobile STEM Lab can provide.
And, of course, an on-board STEM Coordinator, EASTCONN science teacher Dr. Stacey Williams, will help you and your students navigate the lab’s curriculum and on-board scientific instruments, while overseeing instruction for students and teachers.
*STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.
What does the EASTCONN Mobile STEM Lab offer?
• An on-board, scanning electron microscope
• State-of-the-art robotics and manufacturing equipment
• iPads for interactive work, data collection and data analysis
• Vernier probes to measure dissolved oxygen, pH, salinity, temperature, turbidity and conductivity of water
• Workstations with electrical feeds for lab microscopes
• Interior flat-screen monitors
• An exterior television monitor for maximizing interior instructional space
• A STEM-based curriculum for grades Pre-K – 12, including NGSS subjects like watersheds, biodiversity, climate change, feeding the hungry, waste-water treatment and an introduction to robotics
• And More…