To successfully complete the classroom portion of the Driver Education course, the student must:
- Arrive on time for all classes. Students that arrive late will not be admitted to class. This means that they will have to make up missed class(es) in order to receive their certificate.
- Attend ALL classes.
- Actively participate in and complete the entire curriculum established by EASTCONN Driver Education.
- Bring proper identification (learner’s permit, student ID, passport, or similar.)
- If under age 18, a parent/guardian must come to the first class to sign the student in.
- Turn off cell phones, iPods and any electronic devices while in class. They are considered a distraction.
To successfully complete the behind-the-wheel portion of the Driver Education course, the student must achieve a passing score on all behind-the-wheel evaluations by demonstrating their ability to operate a motor vehicle safely and effectively in traffic.
Our instructors work very hard to make your Driver Education experience a good one. We want to make scheduling behind-the-wheel classes as convenient for you as possible. When you do schedule a lesson, that time is set aside for you. Therefore, there are several policies that are important for you to remember:
- You must cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours before your scheduled behind-the-wheel lesson time.
- Behind-the-wheel lessons scheduled for Monday must be cancelled by noon on Saturday.
- All students required to have learner’s permits must show them to the instructor prior to going out on the road.
- Open toed and/or heeled shoes cannot be worn during behind-the-wheel lessons.
- Students with an optical restriction on their permit are required to have their glasses/contacts for their lesson. Failure to do so may lead to a missed lesson charge.
Failure to adhere to the policies listed above for behind-the-wheel lessons will result in a twenty-five ($25) dollar fee for each hour missed.
Behavior that is detrimental to the normal progression of instruction, both in the classroom and behind-the-wheel, will not be tolerated. Consequences for disregard of proper behavior will be at the discretion of the instructor.
Once you have enrolled in an EASTCONN Driver Education course we will not be able to offer you a refund.
There will be a forty dollar ($40.00) charge if your Driver Education Certificate (form CS-1) has to be re-issued.
8-hour Safe Driving Program students must make up missed classes within 90 days. 38-hour Full Program students have 1 year to complete the program.
Safety is our focus. If unsafe road conditions are caused by inclement weather we will cancel classroom and behind-the wheel lessons. Cancellation announcements can be found on TV channels 3 (WFSB) and 30 (NBC); the EASTCONN website, www.eastconn.org; or by calling 860-428-7455. All cancelled classes will be rescheduled.