EASTCONN currently assists 11 School Readiness towns, offering a range of support including:
School Readiness Liasion
- A link between OEC and SR Program
- Attend state liaison meetings quarterly
- Facilitate SR council meetings/agendas
- Ensure SR council and programs are kept up to date with OEC recommendations, requirements, policies, etc.
School Readiness Monitoring
Conduct three monitoring visits per year which include:
- Classroom observations
- Child file reviews
- Staff professional development review
- Ensure program is meeting the 11 quality components (Collaboration, Parent Involvement, Referrals to Health Services, Nutrition Services, Family Literacy, Admissions Policy, Transition Plan, Professional Development, Sliding Fee Scale, Annual Evaluation, Serving Children with Special Needs)
- Parent Handbook Review
- Fees/financial information collected
School Readiness Quality Enhancement Support
Support programs requesting professional development and coaching through the Quality Enhancement Grant Topics include: Math, Curriculum Development, Social/Emotional Development, Implementing and planning with the CT ELDS, Language/Literacy, Science, etc.
EASTCONN holds three regional meetings per year to support preschool program administrators operating public-school preschools in the region. These meetings are utilized to address upcoming RFP’s, discuss policies and procedures, create a peer support learning community, and discuss challenges and success in the region.